We need volunteers to lead discussions at occasional Tuesday evening and Saturday morning sits! Please consider volunteering. Such discussions can take a variety of formats, including:
- A prepared talk (10–20 minutes) by a presenter (usually someone who has been practicing for a good while), followed by discussion
- Opening comments (5–10 minutes, which may include a reading) by a presenter, followed by discussion
- A question or set of questions that are on your mind, followed by discussion
- A reading, followed by discussion
- Other innovations (sharing a song? a video?), as appropriate
To volunteer, please write to [email protected] and include which format you’d be interested in and your idea for a topic, question, or reading. You should also say whether you will facilitate the group discussion yourself or if you would prefer to have someone else do it. Discussion can be conducted popcorn style or as circle practice as decided by the facilitator. Readings could include pieces from the liturgy or from elsewhere. Questions could be questions about our practice, people’s experiences with Zen, historical teachings—whatever might be interesting and instructive. The scheduler may then go back and forth with you about possible materials, format, and dates.
Contact [email protected] with any questions.