“Using all the ingredients of my life, I vow to take up the way of not sparing the dharma assets.”
The Greater Boston Zen Center is supported entirely through donations. If you regard GBZC-Cambridge or one of its Affiliate Practice Centers as your spiritual home, please consider making a donation to ensure that it will continue to be there to support your practice and that of others. Your practice of generosity is an important way to express gratitude for all the ways GBZC supports you and all Beings.
What your Donation Supports
- A vibrant Central Square location in Cambridge;
- Affiliate practice centers in Providence, RI, Middletown, CT, Pembroke, ME, Worcester, MA, Natick, MA, and North Weymouth, MA;
- Multiple sesshin throughout the year, including financial aid for those unable to pay the full cost;
- Diverse programming in Zen study, as well as racial, social, gender and environmental justice;
- Training of teachers and students in our lineage tradition.
Ways to Give
Donations to GBZC are always welcome and can take many forms. We encourage you to use the one(s) that work best for you!
Members: If you are a member of GBZC, you may fulfill your annual membership pledge through any of the options marked with an asterisk (*). Just make sure that you include with your gift a memo that designates it for membership.
Quick and Easy
- *Online Donation: To use PayPal for payment, please use the PayPal button in one of the donation boxes below (one-time donation, pre-registration for all day sit, monthly membership pledge or annual membership pledge).
- *Cash Gifts: Cash may be placed in the dana box or bowl at any of the GBZC affiliate centers. You may also use an envelope and put your name either inside the envelope or written on the outside of it). If your gift is a fulfillment of a membership pledge, make sure you indicate “membership” on the envelope.
- *Checks payable to GBZC can be placed in any dana box or bowl or mailed to the address below. You may also use a 12-month packet of pre-addressed envelopes (available from your Practice Leader) to mail us a check each month.
- *Automatic Monthly Payment From Your Bank. Schedule your monthly donation to be sent to the address below.
More Innovative Ways to Give
- *Gifts of Stock: Appreciated securities may be donated to GBZC. You pay no capital gains on the appreciated value, GBZC gets the entire value of the donated stock, and you may take a tax deduction for the full value of the donation. A win-win! The GBZC Treasurer can give you more information about this ([email protected]).
- *Qualified Charitable Deduction From a Retirement Account: If you are 701/2 or older, you may donate up to $100,000 from your IRA tax free, and GBZC receives the full untaxed amount. This is a great way to direct your tax dollars to something that you care deeply about.
Let Your Gift Do Double Duty
- Gifts of Recognition and Celebration: Consider making a gift to GBZC in memory, in honor or in celebration of someone who has touched your life in a special way. We’ll send a card to the recipient to let them know that you’ve honored them with a gift to GBZC.
Using All the Ingredients of Your Life
- In-Kind Donations: Consider donating your time or talents to help us further the work of GBZC. Check with a Practice Leader at your local practice center to let them know what you’d like to do, or to find out what the current needs may be.
552 Massachusetts Ave, #208
Cambridge, MA 02139
Your donations are tax-deductible.
Questions? Contact the GBZC treasurer at [email protected].